Monday, April 27, 2009

"My heart is full..."


My friends Usha & Nancy threw an amazing shower for me in Cincinnati last weekend. It was a huge blessing to be surrounded by this group of women who have loved, encouraged and supported me for so many years and specifically through my journey to motherhood. Nancy set aside some time to allow my friends to share memories and words of encouragement which was such a blessing to me. My friend Nancy Wells said "my heart is full." That really stuck with me because that is exactly how I felt all day and ever since. I just feel like my heart is overflowing because of how I was loved and poured into by these women that I so adore. This day was one of the most special in my life and I am grateful beyond measure.

I loved this cake....it was so beautiful. Opera Cream cake from the Bonbonerie is without a doubt the most delicious cake you'll ever taste!



The BEST SURPRISE!! Usha and James can really keep a secret! My sister Becky & nephew Jordy made the trek from Maryland to Cincinnati for my shower and Usha and James kept this awesome secret from me. I was completely floored when I walked around the corner and saw Becky & Jordy standing there. They planned to fly, but Jordy was a bit frightened by the walk from the jetway to the plane, so off to the car they went and tackled the 9 hour drive instead....amazing! Having my sister with me on this day was an absolute dream!


My dearest friend from college, Sharon drove up from Nashville to be with me. Her presence was such a gift. Sharon prayed the sweetest prayer for James, Georgea and me. Not too many dry eyes in the room after that.


Jordy with Mariela, my friend Susan's daughter.....adorable!


A super sweet gift from my lifelong friend Heidi. Heidi had my sister bring this gift with her from Maryland to Cincinnati....so thoughtful.


Tori, Alyssa, Emma & Amanda. Each of these beautiful girls has a special place in my heart.


My dear friend Ivy (aka: my "little sister") and her son Tyler. Tyler & Georgea are the same age!


The cutest bibs I've ever seen! My friend Nancy got these for Georgea and I'm so glad because I hadn't found any bibs up to this point that I liked. Each bib has a little wash cloth tucked into the decorative pocket. So sweet!!


Just a sampling of the outfits and books Georgea has to enjoy


I LOVE seeing Georgea's name in print! We're planning to have lots of fun in the pool this summer.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Okay, I cried when I saw you with your nephew Jordy! You are going to be the best mother ever! The sweetness between you two..oh, took my breath away. : )

Your shower looked like you were surrounded by love and friendship, you just can't beat that!

xo,
Sue

Anonymous said...

ok, I was not so much in the mood to cry AGAIN!!
Steph

Aus said...

Looks like it was a great time!! hugs - aus and co.

Anonymous said...

Kathy and Emily:
We are so happy for you both. We enjoyed spending time with Becky and Jordy and hearing about your shower! Can't wait to see you, all three of you! God Bless, prayers for safe travel to get that beautiful little girl. Love you all.