Sunday, April 19, 2009

Getting CLOSE to our TRAVEL date!!


We are between 3.5 & 5.5 weeks out from travel!! Typing that just gave me CHILLS!! Passports are ready to go!


I picked up our Visa's at the Chinese Consulate in LA last week. Thank you Dalhia for running me down there on Thursday morning before we started our work day!! This was a BIG check off the travel "to do" list. I was so happy that I didn't have to part with our passports. There are only 5 Chinese Consulate offices in the U.S. So, being able to go to the consulate in Los Angeles (vs. mailing our passports), and get this taken care of was a big relief and also pretty exciting!!



These are the China "travel" bottles we'll be using. I registered for the Avent "drop in" (disposable liner) bottles to use while we're in China, and my friend Molly sent them to me last week!! OK, my fellow green friends...I've been told these are an absolute necessity on the trip. The ability to boil water to properly prep & clean a bottle while in China is very limited. So, we'll use these in China & switch promptly to a regular Avent bottle when we arrive home.



MY GOODNESS....babies require a lot of STUFF. I have a huge list of items that we MAY (or may not) need for Georgea while in China. This list is the culmination of multiple lists provided for me by friends who have also taken this journey. I'm basically purchasing medicine for every ailment ever encountered by any baby under the age of 2. This is just a peek at what's going with us. It's such an odd thing, because I personally don't even like to take an ibuprofen. I do realize though, that we need to be prepared to care for our little girl and her health needs while we are in China. So, we'll be armed with all the items pictured & so much more. BIG thanks to "my girls" Sue & Cathy who both spent quite a bit of time this afternoon talking me through the process of filling my shopping cart!! I so appreciate both of you and how you continue to make yourselves available to me during this process!


3 comments:

Aus said...

Ah - the dalmation strikes again! Sometimes I think they are as bad as labrador's - "I didn't mean any harm dad - it was just there so I chewed it!" :)

Looks like you have a pretty good 'basic equipment list' - but there are a bunch of ideas that might make your trip 'easier'. Marie and I put together a blog post about 'travel ideas' after our trip and after talking to a big bunch of other IA travelers. Here's the link if you are interested:
http://ausfamily.blogspot.com/2009/01/travel-ideas.html

Hugs - and looking forward to following the adventure!

aus and co.

Sue said...

Call me anytime...happy to help! : )

I can't wait to see how you fit all your stuff in your suitcase. Does J***s get to bring clothes? ; )

Sue

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

YIPPEEE! So excited for you to be this close :) You must be OVER the moon!

Blessings,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com