Friday, April 10, 2009

WHO'S THAT GIRL??!!


How beautiful is this child?! Those eyes...so thoughtful & mysterious. I can't wait to find out what's going on behind those eyes.


"Michelin Man" That is what everyone calls this photo. Truly, all the layers of clothing, my goodness.



So, Ann at "Red Thread China" is AMAZING!! Just a day and a half after placing our care package order and asking if it was possible to get some new photos these 3 treasures showed up in my in box! Ann also got some updated information about Georgea's height, weight, etc. for us. What an amazing gift!! When I opened up the first photo (where Georgea is wearing the yellow jacket) I said "who are you?!" She had grown & changed so much since the first set of photos were taken, I was a bit shocked. I couldn't believe she had all that beautiful hair...and her eyebrows...wow! She had really changed. This was a moment of celebration and of grieving for me. I was celebrating receiving these photos, celebrating the BEAUTY of our daughter, celebrating how HEALTHY she looks, the fact that she is standing....on and on, so thankful. And, I was grieving the loss of those precious 4 months of time that were not captured on film, grieving what will ultimately be the year that we did not have the opportunity to spend together...my heart was leaping and heavy at the same time. My guess is this is only the beginning of my mixed emotions. But I am grateful, thankful, praising God for taking us down this path....the path to our precious daughter.

2 comments:

Sharon R said...

She is YOUR girl!
How amazing that you have the blessing of these photos before you travel to see her!
And God will restore the year you have not been with her in His perfect way!

Can't wait to meet Georgea Lin Zi Luo!

cathy andry said...

Okay,
I know you guys call Georgea's second photo "Michelin Man" but I see something that I must bring to your attention in case you haven't noticed...you two being new parents and all. :)

See those eyes and adorable pouty lips? I call this the "pouty face" photo. You're going to see this one a lot and I pity you because if I saw this adorable pouty look I would give her whatever she wanted!

I see her saying, "P-l-e-a-s-e can't I just stay up another hour and watch my Little Mermaid movie?" Or, "P-l-e-a-s-e can't I just have one of everything on the shelf that's eye level at the Target checkout line?"

She's precious!
Cathy Andry