Monday, March 28, 2011

Princess In a Pouch

Well, the weight limit is 40 lbs., and we're not there yet. I keep saying jokingly, that my "baby" is going to be in her pouch until she won't fit anymore. But maybe that's not a joke. Georgea still wants to be pouched. The frequency comes and goes. We can go weeks without pulling out the pouch, and then there are other times where she's jumping in a couple of times a week. She tells me "pouch-pouch", and sometimes she even gets it out of the cupboard herself! She always wants to be in the front and makes this very clear, but there are times when a Mama just needs to be able to get a few things accomplished. Here we are on Friday night while I was preparing dinner. I love having her close to me and when she needs this close contact I'll stop whatever else is going on to accommodate this need.


Ergo says 40 lbs. is their "recommended" weight limit, but that they have tested the carrier successfully up to 90 lbs. Stay tuned...



6 comments:

Kim said...

I love that you're still pouching Georgea and that she asks for it! I don't know how your back takes it, but it's awesome! I did pouch Liam for quite awhile after adoption (and he was already 2 yrs. 4 months) Liam still asks for a bottle, so I cuddle up with my 4 year old and he happily sucks his bottle! You're a great mama!

Sue said...

Okay, I am laughing right now. I love that you can still do that with her. My best baby memories are with Alexa in her pouch. Her outfit just makes me giggle and you sticking dinner in the oven completes the whole thing!
Alexa is only 37.5 lbs...do you want to test her out in it? ; )
XO

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness! That looks fun! Dx

Unknown said...

LOVE it!! That is the BEST! But how's your back?!?!
Love you!

Aus said...

Well a little praise your way for being willing to do it!! A well snuggled child is happiest - promise!

As for the little camping trip (hard to call that camping ya'll...) when you think about where she was and look now where she is - what joy!

Ya'll have done some really nice work - just so ya know!

hugs - aus and co.

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy that is so darn cute! Lucky little lady.
Love sara and Holland