Friday, March 4, 2011

Gung Hay Fat Choy!


Our FCC Arizona group had an awesome Chinese New Year celebration last week. This was my first CNY as a member of the board of directors and it really gave me perspective on the amount of work that has gone into the events that my family and I have enjoyed over the past few years. I have such appreciation for the dedicated group that has worked so hard the last many years to keep our FCC group alive and active. While this year was a lot of work, I felt privileged to be a part of the "behind the scenes" planning and prep as well as the "day of" excitement!

My Dad joined us again this year. He jumped right in there with me running to the FCC storage unit, loading and unloading his car (a multitude of times) and helping me run my specific area during the event. I appreciated his support and so did my peers.

Cutie and her Dada.


Sue with "the Chief" and Alexa. Our AZ besties!

Province parade!

The Guangxi girls (plus 2)! Why my princess decided to plunk down on the stage, I have absolutely no idea? :-)

Georgea, plus Haba's hand, plus an organic peanut butter cracker = happiness!

Rockin' the pink cast for 1 more week.

Face painting. Kind of can't believe she sat still for this. She's growing up.

The finished product....a dalmatian, just like Vida! Barbara joined us to celebrate Georgea's special day.

Beautiful Maya!

Daddy and his girl cake walkin' (we won two!).

Georgea and Lexie are only a few months apart. Love seeing them together.

So cute playing with their lanterns.


The CHUSA (Chinese Undergraduate Student Association) volunteers are a huge support at this and other FCC events every year. And, they are an awfully sweet bunch of kiddos.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I have to laugh at you all on the "stage"! Hope you got a round of applause.....

Sue said...

You got great photos!!
It was a really fun day. All the hard work showed, it was a flawless enjoyable day for all the families. : )

Sue