Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sweet surprise!


I got an amazing SURPRISE at our national sales meeting this week. The field team threw a shower for me, at a Chinese restaurant. It was a collaborative effort, from thoughtful, detailed planning to detaining me at the hotel to make sure I was late for dinner. I was completely shocked! Had no clue! I just can't get over how sweet this night was. What a gift to work with such a thoughtful group....love my job, love my team, love my partners!


My friends! I am so thankful that I have the blessing of calling the people that I work with friends. That's what they are....truly interested, supportive, loving. I just can't believe the way they've all rallied around me through this 2.5 year journey. Love them!

This is my team and my boss. I really adore this group! They are fantastic, dedicated, hard working and just a joy to have in my life.

My dear friend Gina. She's been with me every step of the way...even while James & I were in the decision-making process. Such an encourager. Gina has been my sounding board...listening to me cry and vent during the wait, and rejoicing with me during the JOY of being matched with Georgea. Again, so blessed to have her in my life.

No detail was missed. Everything from PINK fortune cookies, to Asian fans and umbrellas, PINK candles, Chinese candies, and on and on. Wow...I'm still in awe of the thought and effort that went into this party.

We even played a couple of shower games! The guys were total sports and joined right in. These were the gifts for the winners of the games.

Looking at these pictures still gives me the chills. Every detail....even Georgea's name on the umbrellas that decorated the tables in the room. Loved that!!

A shot of one of the dinner tables with the Fans, fortune cookies, and Chinese candies. There were also little pink "Chinese carry out" containers with stickers that said "baby girl" on them. So sweet.

Another dinner table shot. Pink and Chinese.....my perfect combination!

I love sweets & Sprinkles Beverly Hills red velvet cupcakes are my absolute favorite. And....here they are!

Pink and brown are Georgea's nursery colors, so the cupcakes had pink and brown dots, butterflies AND the letter "G"!!!

Natalie got Georgea a onesie from Sprinkes that says "MOM loves cupcakes!" Perfect!

We were generously given an amazing assortment of gifts. Everything from clothes, books, a hand croched prayer blanket, PINK crystal encrusted Converse high tops to the BOB jogging stroller we were dreaming of! Unbelieveable!

I am so very thankful to these wonderful friends for their thoughtfulness down to every last detail. This was such a personal shower....a true demonstration of love toward me and excitement about Georgea's homecoming.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Amazing!! I love every last detail! and boys at the shower...how fun!

What an amazing group of friends you have. : )

xo,
Sue

Aus said...

WOW - that's very very cool - you are really Blessed by an amazing bunch of folks!

hugs - aus and co.