Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Today was an awesome first Mother's Day! I woke up early & found this beautiful card & necklace, from James. The necklace has the Chinese character which means "good fortune & happiness" and the card says "Happy Mother's Day" in English and Chinese. What a sweet and thoughtful gift. We went to church & heard a really good message about raising kids for TRUE greatness. The focus was on raising children to have a heart that is: humble, grateful, generous, and willing to serve others. Good stuff...and we're soaking it all in, so anxious to love on and parent our little girl. If we depart on the 21st (and we're still hoping for that) we're just 2 weeks from meeting Georgea for the first time!
I followed my friend Christine's lead today & lit a candle to remember and honor our baby girl's birth Mother. I think this is such a great way to remember her, and I'm thankful to have friends who set a great example and mentor me in this way. We lit the candle and said a prayer for Georgea's birth Mother in China. I thought a lot about her today. I know in my heart that she wanted Georgea Lin Zi Luo to be loved & cared for. I can't imagine the pain that comes with saying goodbye to a child. We will make this act of lighting a candle, reflection, and prayer for Georgea's birth Mother a tradition in our home each Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Aus said...

Well Happy Mother's Day - and we're glad that you remember the birth mom on that day as well - we make it a point to remember them as well too!

Looking forward to following your adventure, I'm very confident that the 21st will work out for you guys!

hugs - aus and co.

Sue said...

What a beautiful gift from James...very thoughtful and sweet. : )

I too spent the day thinking about Alexa's birthmom and the gift she has given us.

I really like the message from church about raising kids. : )

Happy first Mother's Day! You're going to be an incredible mom and I know I'll learn a lot from you!

xo,
Sue