Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chinese New Year Celebration 2010


We had an amazing Families with Children from China Chinese New Year celebration last weekend. This was an emotional day for me, which took me somewhat by surprise. I vividly remembered last years' event that James & I attended as "waiting parents." This time last year I knew in my heart of hearts that we were getting close to our referral. And I was right. Less than a week after the event we received news that we had been matched with a beautiful little girl from Guangxi province. I walked around at the event this year pinching myself all day, reveling in the reality of our new family and all the events that have transpired over the past year. Even now I find my eyes welling up with tears, thankful, blessed, overwhelemed with this new life, this adventure we are on. This event was one of the best days I've experienced with Georgea. We were honoring her Chinese heritage and she was having a blast. She walked, crawled, giggled, ate, played and never wound down all day. It's like she knew, even at her young age that this day was a biggie. We love you Georgea! We love who you are inside and out and we commit to honoring your heritage and your homeland.


We painted a t-shirt with a pagoda & two dragons. Dada is a dragon!


We're doing more hand holding & walking than carrying these days.


Haba joined us for the event & really had a great time too!


Enjoying lunch with Dada, Chinese style of course.


Sweet moment with Haba.


Standing unassisted!


The dragons were amazing!



Georgea couldn't take her eyes off the dragons as they worked their way through the audience.



Our girl still enjoys a good crawl!



Georgea LOVED the balloon maker!




Province parade.


Guangxi girl joining in with a little "support" from Dada.


With twins, Jillian & Joya



Practicing her walking with Haba. Georgea wanted to be DOWN, walking & crawling all day, which is quite unusual for her. I was really surprised at her comfort level in this environment, with so many people, many who she didn't know.


A sweet moment holding hands with her friend Rowan.


With sisters Jillian and Rowan, two of Georgea's beautiful friends.


The end of a sweet day & a sweet celebration. Gung Hay Fat Choy! Happy Chinese New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the pictures of Georgea walking holding hands! I'm just not used to that sweet sight yet! She is growing so fast! Aunt Becky misses her!! XO!

Sue said...

Happy Chinese New Year! All these photos are amazing. They really show the fun you guys had. It looks like it was a great day. : )

XO
Sue

Anonymous said...

We LOVED the pictures of FCC Chinese New Year Celebration! Georgea just gets more and more beautiful...we've never seen a "bad" picture. You three look SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY. I thought the two of you were "happy people" before but we've never seen such joy as when Georgea came into your lives. Happy Chinese New Year! We hope Georgea liked her Valentine's Day card. By the way, please tell your dad that after Olivia asked who he was in the pictures she responded, "Grandpa? He doesn't look old enough to be a Grandpa." I thought he would appreciate this! :)

Love, Steve, Cathy, Olivia and Peyton