Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hello and Goodbye....

2009 has been a year of big change for me. I believe in fact that I've experienced the biggest changes in my life this year. On May 25, 2009 James & I said hello to our baby girl, the one we had dreamt of, waited and longed for. And on November 15, one month ago today we said goodbye to my beautiful Mother, my mentor, encourager, cheerleader, my constant support, my listening ear, the one who believed in me, invested in me and loved me, no matter what. It pains me to revisit that goodbye. I still can't believe she's gone. But knowing that she is no longer in pain, rather completely restored and whole brings me joy.

I say goodbye for now. But I have peace in my heart because I know this goodbye is only temporary. I will see my Mama again. I do so long for that day.....

3 comments:

Aus said...

Yes - there will come a time when you shall meet again - but in the meantime (like I do with my dad) - when you hear (or make?) a certain comment, see a certain mannerism, notice a gift or item in the home, even cut a roast in half even though you don't know why (other than because mom always did that!) - you'll have a quick visit from her!

I'll share your sorrow - but also your joy in having had the relationship with her that you did!

Hugs and Blessings -

aus and co.

Mrs. Shorter said...

I know so well that your mom is watching down and could not be more proud of the woman you have become! There will always be so much of her in you and now you can share all of that...as she did...with your beautiful daughter.

Love you and hope we can chat soon. I miss you!
Love, Heidi

Cindy Schutz said...

Amy and family,
We knew of course that your mom was terminally ill, but did not know that she had passed already. My mom passed 2 days after I last saw her, on Oct. 30. I was thankful that I got to be by her side when she said her last words too. My heart is with you...and I love what someone else said in their comments, that when you see someone do something just like your mom did it, or say something like she said, it is a quick little "hello" from her. What a wonderful thought. Big big hugs to you from us. ~ Cindy Schutz