Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Vist with "Grandma Marge" 5-4-11

We made a trek to see my Grandmother, who lives in Ohio, in early May. Grandma Marge, who is an impressive 90 years of age, met Georgea for the very first time during this visit. She is truly an amazing woman. She still drives, goes to church every Sunday, lunch with friends, shopping- you name it! I'm so thankful we were able to make this trip and that Georgea had some time with her Great-Grandmother. Truly a blessing.

I had to snap this photo. For as long as I can remember this is what morning coffee-drinking looked like at my grandparents house. "Coffee Rich" and these same coffee cups and saucers. It's amazing how little things, part of the routine of life, simple rituals can bring a flood of memories to the forefront of one's mind. I have so many wonderful memories of trips made here with my parents and sister, to spend time with my grandparents. I could hear the sounds of my & my sisters young girl giggles, our schnauzer puppies (who went everywhere with us) trotting up and down the stairs, visions of my parents laughing and carrying on with my grandparents and all of our Ohio family. My Grandmother & I spent a good bit of time chatting about my beloved Mother during this visit. These conversations keep her alive in my heart and my mind. I know my Mom would have loved seeing Georgea there, in the midst of all of that family love. It was a wonderful visit and I'm so glad we were able to make it happen.



Still working on that smile for the camera.



Silly!









5 comments:

Mrs. Shorter said...

I LOVE when you update the blog and I get to "VISIT" with you all for some brief moments through the screen.

Sounds like it has been a busy but fun spring. Cant wait to see you all SOON!

Love, Heidi

Debbie said...

Such a sad but very very sweet post . I'm so glad you had this special time with your grandmother...

Sue said...

One of my favorite posts of yours. : )

Your grandmother looks amazing!!

How awesome that Georgea met her and made some of her own memories to look back on.

It's those little details like the coffee that bring us back to those great memories growing up. Love that you captured it on camera.

Sue : )

Aus said...

Great updates - very cool to see you guys learning, loving, growing! And too - glad that Georgea had a chance to 'connect' with her family past - just wow!!

hugs - aus and co.

Haley said...

I am stunned by how amazing Marge looks!!!! Exactly as I remember!!!
And the memory of your puppies made me smile. :)