Sunday, January 6, 2013

PRAYERS NEEDED for my FRIEND


 Grace's U.S. Readoption November 2012


 "SWEET Kissing Sisters!"  December 2012

 Merry Christmas from our family!  TWO very sweet & one VERY SASSY girl!!

THIS picture captures Grace better than any other we've taken.  Joy, laughter, energy, and sass!  I could not possibly love this child any more than I do!! 


Our family is doing well, very well.  And we are so thankful.  Grace is flourishing.  She's growing, thriving, bonding & attaching so beautifully.  She sleeps mostly well, although we have our ups and downs in this area.  She loves with a vengeance.  She giggles, laughs, runs, plays and takes on new challenges like they are welcome new friends.  Her speech is expanding & she is very verbal.  We are in awe of her.  We are blessed by the love that she and Georgea share so freely. They are sisters at heart.  They love like sisters, play like sisters & squabble over favorite toys-- like sisters!!  It is such a joy for us to see the sweetness between these two.  It is a gift.  The very best kind of gift.

I have a dear friend though, whose first daughter, Lexi is the same age as Georgea & who came home from China just after Georgea did.  And my friend has another daughter, Ivy Joy, who is Grace's age, and came home just a month before Grace.  This family's story, it is different.  This beautiful family has walked a road of medical mystery, trials, errors, hopeful, prayerful healing...and many surgeries, many tests, many hospital visits....a year of struggle.  A year of faith.  A year of joy & pain.  The details are many.  And they are laid out with painstaking detail in my friends blog.  Sweet Ivy Joy is back in the hospital at this time, and it is serious.  I haven't blogged in many months, but I am here now, reaching out.  Hoping that those who are believers in the power of Jesus Christ.  In the power of His healing hand and in the power of prayer will join us in lifting Ivy Joy and her entire family up as they walk this next part of their journey.  The blog link is here, if you feel led to join in, supporting this beautiful family...will you, please?

Loving Life with Lexi & Ivy Joy

4 comments:

likeschocolate said...

My heart aches for poor Ivy! She so deserves a break in this life. She deserves a day to play and laugh and not be in pain. Praying for this sweet little girl.

Aus said...

On my way there now - but wanted to say we have great joy for you guys! Thanks for the update -

hugs - aus and co.

Ann Anderson said...

Your blog is so wonderful and inspires me to post on mine more often. I found your blog when I googled polydactyl because my daughter is having surgery this friday to remove digits from all 4 extremities. Her extra's look a lot like your little girls. I am quite nervous for the surgery and was wondering if you had any words of advice? How painful was it for her. How long did it take for her to heal? Anything else I should be prepared for? My email address is annbug@gmail.com if you have any time to ease this mommy's worries. Thanks, Ann

Debbie said...

Praying for this special little girl and her family, Debbie