Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Trip to Our Adoption Agency, June 2011

Wow, could I be a little further behind on my blogging? As Georgea grows & our life gets more and more full and busy, I am finding it far more difficult to carve out the time to sit down & blog, the way I used to, the way I love to. This "project", my "journal" has been such a therapeutic process for me. A place to spill my heart, and sort through my thoughts, feelings, sorrows and JOYS. I hope I can continue to "drop in" here. I want Georgea to have access to this history, the story of our early years together. Things aren't slowing down though, so only time will tell.

I've posted some pics of a long awaited trip cross country to Boston to visit CAWLI (China Adoption With Love, Inc.), our adoption agency, last June. It was truly an amazing experience to see the "four walls" where so many things happened that affected our family in wonderful ways that we can't even describe. We also had the blessing of one of the families from our travel group coming by to visit us while we were in town. What a gift to see Georgea and their beautiful twins interacting playfully together. No matter the geographical distance, we have a bond with these families and our agency that will tie our hearts forever.

Georgea took a liking to this flag stand and her Daddy caught it on film. Our daughter is a child of TWO countries and we make a concerted effort to always remember and honor this important part of her heritage.

With Lilian, the Director of CAWLI. An amazing woman with a heart for the children of China.

Meg! Meg, was the social worker at CAWLI who "found" Georgea and united our families. Meg relocated recently and is now in another state, following her husband's career. We are so happy for her personal journey, but we miss her terribly. She has become a friend though and she will always be a part of our lives. I love, respect and am so thankful for this beautiful young lady.


Here with our friends from our China travel group. TWINS-- amazing, and oh so precious!




No comments: